Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Best Days

As I sit here watching my son grin while he pretends to eat cereal puffs out of an empty container, I can't help but think of my friends...friends that are expecting babies, friends that have new little ones, and friends who are waiting for their time to come...and I'm filled with amazement and a little amused by the advanced knowledge at how much better their lives will become. Each day with your own child brings some new wonder, and just when you feel you couldn't possibly love anyone or anything any more, your baby suddenly will become magically more adorable than the previous second.


Now, I'm not foolish enough to think that every parent in the world is a good one and that everyone has love for their children, but the women I have in mind most certainly will. And I don't care how cliche it is, the truth remains that the love you feel as a mother is the best kind of love. I'm also not so insane to ignore the fact that there will always be bad days but for every completely and utterly bad day there are 50 good ones with your child. (that's coming from a woman who battles depression consistently) Last night I was sobbing uncontrollably, but in the midst of it jamie was runnig across the living room and throwing himself at the floor. Then he would roll like he'd had a major spill and giggle, and I couldn't help but laugh through my tears.


Currently, Jamie is laying on me and tickling me waiting for me to laugh. I'm serious. His first word was tickle and he has now mastered the concept. He wiggles his fingers on my arm, stomach, whatever's closest saying "tickle, tickle, tickle" until I belt out my most convincing laugh. I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you ladies, even the ones with newborns, that you can imagine it, but you truly have no idea of the joy you are in for. Sappy I guess, but true. Even now, I'm surprised every day by this love. I'm so excited to have ladies to share it with.



I need to shave.

6 comments:

Rachel Conatser said...

aww I am so happy for you!!!

Erika said...

Yay! Love the blog...very touching, seriously! I miss you dear friend!

Emily F said...

aww! I am so excited for what God has in store for our family and yours. :) Jon and I were talking about going to Washington DC again with you guys. Actually, we told Mia about it. We told her about Jamie and baby #2. :) Jon wanted me to tell you that he likes your beard. :) (The picture you posted is such a flattering one of you and Jamie.)

Your Favorite Redhead said...

i know right?! i've been working on that beard since i last saw you guys. my hormones have been really strong!
i say we totally go to DC next summer! let's do it!

Emily F said...

Maybe we should both grow our facial hair out before our trip next summer. That would be awesome...That way we could look at things intently at the Smithsonian and stroke our goatees.

Emily F said...

ps- i think you should join mom bloggers club. it provides a lot of fun reading. :)